The OIE Bulletin
The OIE Bulletin website provides a wealth of information on the life of the OIE and its network through these three distinct publications:
– The Official lists the official acts, as well as the resolutions and recommendations adopted by OIE Member Countries.
– Panorama proposes a compilation of articles based on a given theme.
– OIE News, the Bulletin’s monthly newsletter, gives a comprehensive overview of the OIE’s global and regional activities, including collaboration with its network and partners, as well as new OIE publications and career opportunities.
Ensuring safe trade in animals and animal products
Edited by Christiane Wolff & Anneke Hamilton
Revue scientifique et technique, Vol. 39 (1), 2020, Trilingual
See also annual subscription of the Revue, Vol. 39 (1-3), 2020.
Trade always starts with a negotiation, and a negotiation proceeds best if both parties have a common framework through which to understand each other’s expectations. The WTO–OIE framework of trade agreements and international standards serves as the basis for the exchange of information between exporting and importing countries.
The intention of this issue is to present a series of articles that assist OIE and WTO Members and the international community interested in trade in animals and animal products to better understand the frameworks created by the WTO trade agreements and OIE international standards, both through the discussion of the theory underpinning these standards/agreements and by providing examples of their implementation.
The Veterinary Laboratory Field Manual
3rd Ed., 2019
‘What a fantastic resource…
– it’s got pretty much everything you need in there in one place and is still small enough that you can lug it around with you;
– it isn’t overly technical i.e. it has just the right level of detail such that the important things are not lost, as is often the case with these technical manuals, is logically structured and easy to find your way around, and;
– the pictures paint a thousand words.’ CEO, Wildlife Health Australia
This updated handbook aims to provide an easy to follow summary of the laboratory techniques and sample collection guidelines which will be of practical value for routine diagnostic work in small regional and district veterinary laboratories.
OIE Standards, Guidelines and Resolutions on antimicrobial resistance and the use of antimicrobial agents
2nd Ed., 2019
The second edition of this booklet compiles the OIE standards and guidelines on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and the use of antimicrobial agents from the Terrestrial and Aquatic Animal Health Codes and the Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals, along with the OIE List of Antimicrobial Agents of Veterinary Importance, and recent AMR related Resolutions adopted by the World Assembly of Delegates from 2015-2019.
This publication has been prepared to support countries to implement the OIE Strategy on Antimicrobial Resistance and the Prudent Use of Antimicrobials in line with the Global Action Plan on AMR as a readily accessible technical resource for all of those designing and implementing country level actions to mitigate AMR.